KBFG’s mission is to educate our community about the rich cultural heritage and the new and emerging cultural opportunities within the northwest Seattle neighborhoods we’ll directly serve. We are partnering with numerous organizations, including non-profits, neighborhood associations, schools and youth organizations, and local businesses, to develop programming that reflects, supports, and serves as a fulcrum, or crossroads for our community.
- A low-power FM radio station for the Ballard, Fremont, Greenwood, Phinney and north Queen Anne/Magnolia communities, broadcasting with 100 watts or less and streaming online.
- A non-profit community radio station with mostly local programming, some non-English programming, some talk, some news, and an eclectic blend of local, live performance, youth, and traditional music.
- Providing a platform for youth and under-served to learn and practice journalism and broadcasting skills.
- Interfacing with other community journalism efforts, like myballard.com and covering local events such as high school sports and neighborhood festivals.
- A forum for local educational, environmental, social, business, and political concerns and discussion.