Check out our schedule this week and be sure to tune in by streaming on these days and times!
Click on the schedule to enlarge it.
- 45 RPM – Music of the 40s & 50s is a show produced by Sam Waldron, an informative host playing songs from the 40s and 50s. Each one-hour show follows a theme. Some examples include music of the 1940s; Songs About Dancing; The Music of Cole Porter; Group Vocals; The Music of Elvis Presley.
- A Way with Words is an upbeat and lively hour-long public radio show and podcast about language examined through history, culture, and family. Each week, author/journalist Martha Barnette and lexicographer/linguist Grant Barrett talk with callers about slang, old sayings, new words, grammar, word origins, regional dialects, family expressions, and speaking and writing well.
- African Airwaves is produced for KBFG by Doug Paterson and Hans Kelstrup. Doug has been involved with African music since his first visits to Africa in the mid-70s. Hans is a more recent convert to African music who became interested in tropical and African music while doing entomological research in Brazil and South Africa as part of his PhD studies.
- Alternative Radio – A weekly one-hour progressive radio show featuring lectures & interviews with progressive thinkers from rebroadcast from KBOO.
- Climate and Energy News has a new show every day Monday through Thursdays focusing on energy and climate related issues that are relevent to our area.
- Community Noise is a place to find and share music. We strive to share music that we love, provide music that may not otherwise be heard, and we hope that our listeners will offer their own recommendations. Show playlists, articles, and other goodies can be found here.
- Dick Lee’s – 60s Garage Rock from California show It features garage rock from California during the decade of the 1960’s along with national hits of the day.
- Different Channels – Hosted by local deep house maven Jon Lemmon. The show is an eclectic mix of electronic leaning tunes that crosses genres and boundaries, with each show taking on a life and mood of its own.
- Exit Stage Left brings you each week highlights of live stage performances that will be coming up in the North Seattle area. Focus is largely on non-profit community theaters as well as local high schools.
- Flower Power Variety Hour explores the human condition and play records from the 1960s, the Black Awakening, and other songs that resonate. The times are perilous, but so is the music
and Incarnacion is here for you to help you get through it.
- Law and Disorder provides timely legal perspectives on issues concerning civil liberties, privacy, right to dissent and practices of torture exercised by the US government and private corporations.
- Local with Louise is a weekly show produced by Louise Bendall with music by the up-and-coming bands in Seattle’s live music scene.
- Locus Focus is a top notch regional program from our friends at KBOO focusing on Pacific Northwest environmental issues.
- My Ten Songs, host Megan Hanna accompanies members of the community as they journey through the songs that have shaped their lives and share the stories behind them.
- Office Hours – An open time for folks to come into the station and learn how to do radio. Tim hosts new volunteers.
- Puget Soundz – DJ broo plays lots of jazz but also anything else from gospel to electronic to Qawwali dub, South Pacific microtone choirs, novelty numbers & so much more! On the first Monday every month, DJ Shinbo showcases his ‘Pungent Sounds’ with an equally eclectic mix. Every Monday except the first Monday of the month and every Wednesday evening.
- Rhythm Roulette with DJ Solid Sound. Each week, DJ Solid Sound delivers a 1-hour mix based around a new genre, category, or concept. Featuring a mix of local, national, and international artists, both current and classic, this isn’t your average variety mix.
- Rockin’ Pneumonia – A house rockin’ road trip down the highways and byways of the mojo triangle with plenty of social stops to get down to some of the most soulful sounds around. The hip shaking music of Rockin’ Pneumonia will win your heart, your mind and your ears. It’s good for what ails you!
- Space Travel Advisory – A weekly news program designed to inform listeners about space travel and space science. This program features news headlines, space weather, sky watching tips, and alerts about upcoming launches. In addition, the program delves deep into current topics through reports and interviews with recognized experts around the planet.
- Spanish Castle Magic is a weekly two hour documentary radio program that is focused on noted veteran musical figures in Seattle and the Northwest. The program is produced by veteran northwest radio host and producer Jon Kertzer.
- The Nice Up is a show hosted by Selectah Mateo, which brings a free-form variety mix offering up choice cuts of irresistible sounds featuring flavors from around the world. Some examples might include Clinton Fearon, Madlib, Stereolab and more.
- The Secret Word Show is a music-based show themed around a “word picked out of thin air” to set up an eclectic program of various genres. Local musician and KBFG board member Eric Muhs picks ’em. One week the show might be centered around the word “Island” and next week it might be “Weather.” You’ll have to Tune in to find out.
- The Trace brings you open and personal conversations with unique individuals about the movies, culture, and politics of the year of their birth.
- Town Hall – Archived talks from Town Hall Seattle – A vibrant gathering place in the heart of Seattle, Town Hall fosters an engaged community through civic, arts, and educational programs that reflect—and inspire—our region’s best impulses: creativity, empathy, and the belief that we all deserve a voice.
- Tristan’s Minecraft Radio Hour, airs every Sunday from 7 to 8 pm. Join father-son co-hosts Major Tim and Minor Tristan as they play new and favorites computer games.
- We Do The Work is a weekly local worker radio program that features news, interviews, music, and comments. We Do The Work believes American workers are at the heart of our economy and culture, deserving dignity, respect, and a decent family wage.
- You Heard It Here is a show where our own volunteer Pamela Burton will introduce KBFG listeners to our newest programs with lots of music and stories to go along with it.
Shows Currently on Hiatus:
- Democracy Speaks is a show hosted by Cindy Black of Fix Democracy First that explores Democracy related issues.
- Globetrotting Enigma is an exploration of music from all over the world with host George Collins. Every country, every continent, every style imaginable from the charming to the challenging.
- Lance Lambert is a local storyteller specializing in stories about growing up.
- Live @ The Coffee House plays live local blues, folk, and a variety of performances at coffee houses and other small venues throughout North Seattle. If you have recordings of local performances, send them in!
- Phantom Transmissions is hosted by Q every week, psychedelic, the cinematic, and beyond.
- Rainy City People has conversations with local activists, politicians, and non-profit workers who are looking to make Seattle more livable for all.
- The Sea Monster Radio Show is a syndicated show dedicated to musicians who perform at The Sea Monster Lounge in Wallingford.