Want to be a part of a local radio station? Here’s your chance.
In November, the FCC offered the city of Seattle a once-in-a-decade opportunity to create a radio station with a reception range that covers about 3 miles. That’s about as local as you’re gonna get. If we get the frequency, we’re hoping for a Ballard-Fremont-Greenwood-Phinney station that focuses on the community and offers radio that features:
- Talk, news, and non-English programming
- Music! Live, local, or otherwise interesting
- Over the air and online streaming broadcasts
- Interviews with community groups, local writers, chefs, business owners, and voices that don’t usually get air time
- High school sports coverage, neighborhood festivals, and other community events
If you’re still reading, then you’re mildly interested and that means you can help us! How? Glad you asked:
- Email email@example.com to let us know you are interested in being involved! You’ll find out about future fundraising events, ways to pledge, volunteer opportunities, and more.
- Send donations to: Fulcrum Community Communications, PO Box 17217, Seattle, Wa 98127.
- Stay informed. Like us on Facebook.
We are in the very early stages of this project, so we would anticipate many opportunities where you can be a part of something pretty great. Stay tuned!